Start And Grow
Your IT Career At UWM
Want to Transition Into IT?
Our unique IT training programs are developed to help you start and grow a fulfilling IT career here at UWM. Our classroom-based programs are full-time career opportunities for individuals interested in transitioning into an IT career with a leader in fintech and the #1 wholesale lender in the nation.
How It Works
Each training program has its own focus and curriculum that will teach you all the skills necessary for that particular role. After successfully completing the program, you will be placed on a cross-functional IT team as an Associate.
This beginner-level software development training program will teach you the foundations necessary to transition into a coding-focused IT career at UWM.
A technical background is not needed for this 10-week Developer Introduction program that teaches the basic building blocks of writing applications using the C# language. The classroom environment will focus on the basics of application development, Object-Oriented Programming and the Software Development Life Cycle and set you up to transition into the Dev-X Program, continuing to expand your development knowledge.
- Willingness to be coached up on best practices, improvements and what it takes to learn software development
- Strong desire to learn new and valuable skills that can be used within our Application Development teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to demonstrate critical thinking
- Ability to multitask and adapt to a fast-paced workplace
This software development training program will build on your knowledge of the .NET framework so you can write high-quality code at UWM.
You will be placed on an Application Development team as an Associate Software Developer or Associate Quality Engineer. Halfway through the program, the cohort will be split into two career paths: software development; and writing code required for automating testing of software.
- Experience using C# or Java to write full-stack software
- Clear understanding of Object-Oriented Programming
- Experience querying relational databases to retrieve and modify data
- Experience with unit testing
Quality Engineer Experience
After completing the first half of the Dev-X Program, learners placed in our QE-X Program will master specialized tooling and techniques that support the engineering of code.
Quality Engineers provide automated solutions for validating the structural, functional and non-functional quality of each deliverable to accelerate development and testing and to support product release. This program will focus on test strategy creation, performance and load testing, automated UI testing and bridging the gap between development and quality at the code level. After successful completion of the program, you will be placed on an Application Development team as an Associate Quality Engineer.
Eligibility: DEV-X learners entering the second half of the DEV-X training program with placement determined and coordinated by program leadership.
Business Analyst Experience
In this training program, you will learn the necessary skills, expectations, standards and systems to be a successful Business Analyst at UWM.
We will teach you the Agile methodology, how to work effectively with Developers, Scrum Masters, Quality Assurance Analysts and Product Owners, as well as the ins and outs of Application Development.
- 2-5 years of mortgage experience or equivalent IT work history
- Computer-related degree or equivalent experience
- Willingness to be coached up on best practices, improvements and what it takes to learn software development and business analysis
- Strong desire to learn valuable skills to apply to Application Development teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to high-pressure situations